Food Grade Transport
At Road Scholar Transport, we take a proactive approach to FSMA compliance, providing the latest technology and equipment to ensure that all storage, shipping, and handling of your dry and temperature controlled food products meets or exceeds food safety and security guidelines.
- 100% asset based carrier
- Technology, protocols, and expertise that exceed Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) protocols
- .001% claim record - one of the lowest damage claim records in the industry
- Location and temperature of all shipments are tracked and monitored in real time via telematics
- All reefers are equipped with Orbcomm’s leading-edge trailer tracking devices that measure and alert on temperature excursions and enable us to change temperature set points remotely.
- Maintain complete temperature records set of all shipments from pickup to delivery for a period exceeding 12 months
- 53 foot dry vans and reefers
- Food grade vans and refrigerated trailers with aluminum floors available
- Expedited and liftgate services
- 24/7 dispatch and oversight
- Our strategically placed terminal network, relay capabilities and cross-dock locations allow us to reach 88% of major northeast distribution hubs in under 60 minutes.
- Dedicated team services available
- Professional uniformed drivers taking pride in representing your brand upon delivery
- Access to any point in the U.S., Canada, or Mexico through our brokerage division
- Truck, rail or air freight services available
Road Scholar Food Safety Management System (FSMS)
To uphold and implement the standards set forth by the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), Road Scholar has implemented a strong and working Food Safety Management System (FSMS) within the company that follows the food safety regulations set forth by the FDA.
Dispatch and maintenance receive an automated daily report of planned temperature controlled moves. Refrigerated equipment is assigned and pre-cooled when necessary.
Road Scholar Transport has made significant investments in state of the art reefer equipment, which has been 3rd party validated with 24-hour thermal mapping (by Sensitec.) In addition, strict maintenance and “Clean Equipment” programs are implemented.
All Road Scholar tractors have satellite tracking through Samsara and all trailers and reefers are equipped with Orbcomm.
Road Scholar Transport maintains the complete temperature records set of all shipments from pickup to delivery for a period exceeding 12 months, according to the FSMA mandate.
Training and Oversight
From Customer Service to Dispatch to Maintenance, all Road Scholar Transport associates receive training on reefer operation and all drivers receive hands-on reefer training. Written and audited temp control oversight protocols are in place for driver pre-check, 30-minute check-in, complete route monitoring and response to temperature excursions.