Transporting beer and alcohol has always been a priority for most societies. Evidence
even shows that high volumes of beer were regularly transported to the sight of the
building of the pyramids in ancient Egypt. The thousands of workers received up to a
gallon or more of beer a day, keeping that supply chain quite busy.
The United States has always had a bit of a complicated history with the transportation
of liquor and alcohol. There are many laws and regulations that affect the distribution of
these products, especially between states. The basic federal requirement is that alcohol
cannot be retailed, distributed, and produced by the same organization. Each state also
has its own laws and rules concerning transportation of spirits and beer.
Tracking those requirements can be a hassle as your business expands or those laws
and rules change.
Meeting Customer Expectations
Today’s producers of beer and alcohol include many craft and specialty brands focused
on meeting the specialty desires of discerning customers. That makes it essential to
handle the process of transporting those products in ways that are not only legally
compliant but also safe and efficient to guarantee the maximum positive customer
Breweries and distillers take great pains to create exacting tastes and characteristics for
their individual liquors and beers to meet their customer expectations. That process
should continue when moving those quality beverages to the customer.
That is why it is important for any producer, distillery, or winery to take great care in
selecting their transportation partner. Careful temperature controls during transport are
vital for all liquors, wines, and beer in maintaining a consistent overall quality. The
proper physical handling of shipments from warehouse and terminal to the end
customer is also an essential consideration to deliver the best possible experience to
How to Evaluate Your Shipper
Whether you are an established distiller with a long history or a new craft brewery, you
should expect your shipper to treat your products like the precious cargo it is.
Benchmark your current shipper or select your new partner by considering the following
Full licensing and certifications with knowledge of specific state requirements for
the shipment of your products.
- Modern logistics capabilities that utilize the latest systems and technology to track your shipments. This includes providing up-to-the-minute updates and full reporting metrics, and allowing geofencing when desired.
- Consistent temperature control is increasingly important in these times of climate extremes. A reliable shipper will ensure uninterrupted monitoring of and management of your product and maintain the temperature ranges you specify. A knowledgeable shipper of alcohol and beer will also minimize exposure to sunlight and provide a smooth ride for all shipments.
- Efficient terminal and relay facilities are necessary to minimize delays and provide the most efficient and expedient deliveries from your facility to your customer.
- An asset-based carrier is best able to guarantee a consistent shipping process with trained and professional drivers.
- Providing full flexibility and customized services to deliver 24/7 reliability and dispatching. This includes expedited service availability when needed.
- Evaluating the long-term safety and performance records to show that the firm does more than merely promise results.
Today’s hyper-competitive environment makes the “little things” more important than
ever. You take great pride and effort in producing the best. You will find that having the
right transportation partner is a big part of delivering the results of those efforts in the
most efficient and quality-centric manner possible.
Road Scholar Transport takes great pride in its reputation as a dependable and
professional transportation partner. Allow us to evaluate your needs and to present a
tailored proposal to provide the transportation peace of mind you expect and deserve.