In an ideal world, each shipper would minimize their costs and logistics by ensuring every load went out on a full truck direct to their customer. Of course, that ideal world doesn’t exist for most producers seeking a shipping solution. However, an efficient Less-than-truckload partnership can optimize those transportation needs and minimize shipping costs.
Understanding the LTL Option
The concept of filling a truck with orders from multiple shippers has been around for decades. With the new world of transportation and customer expectations, LTL has become the perfect solution for an increasing number of businesses, from the largest to the smallest.
With the demands for rapid delivery of even small orders, a common part of the eCommerce package, along with concerns over the environment and costs in a hyper-competitive marketplace, LTL is often the solution that fills the bill for shippers.
The use of LTL makes sense on several levels:
- Savings. The financial benefits come from two factors. First, a full truck allows the shipper to minimize their costs per unit shipped and then pass those savings on to their customers. Secondly, you, the shipper, can afford to ship even a small order because you are only paying our pro rata portion of that full truck rate. This is especially useful if you have a larger order that would require a dedicated truck that was only partially filled.
- Eco-Sensitive. It makes sense that any method that keeps extra trucks off the road is good for the environment. The use of LTL reduces the carbon footprint of your individual delivery and makes your customers more comfortable with ordering what they need when they need it.
- Ideal for eCommerce and smaller businesses. One of the more exciting aspects of business today is the ways in which smaller businesses can compete on a level playing field. Instead of delaying and bulking shipments, the efficiencies and economies of LTL add opportunities to deliver on time and affordably.
While these and other benefits make LTL an option for every business to consider, it also creates the possibility of problems. Consolidating items from multiple shippers can delay the shipping and delivery times.
Without the right transportation management system, an LTL shipper might leave you in the dark about expected delivery schedules and confirmations. The process might also present a higher level of risk for your shipments.
Fortunately, when you select the right LTL shipper, these challenges can be eliminated and leave you enjoying these and additional benefits.
The Right LTL Partnership
If you currently use LTL or think it might be a good solution for your business, the good news is that there are options such as Road Scholar Transport. We view LTL as a specialty that allows us to tailor programs for your specific needs.
We are proud to prove every day 24/7/365 that we fulfill our mission of being one of the best LTL shippers in the industry. We invite you to challenge that claim by asking if your alternative shipper provides:
- A modern 100-percent asset-based fleet of well-maintained air-ride equipment
- Professional, trained and certified drivers that take pride in their role in delivering your products on time and safely
- An extensive and efficient network of terminals and depots
- A superb damage record with microscopic damage claim handling when needed
- Totally customizable and flexible LTL programs to meet your firm’s specific scheduling and shipping requirements.
- Fully protected and secure shipments are ensured by our internal procedures and terminal protocols. Your freight is always segmented and trackable to provide the confidence you demand and deserve.
- Comprehensive metrics and reporting. Easily track your shipment at each step in the process and keep the lines open with your customers if they have questions or need updates.
Seldom does achieving lower costs come with so many added benefits and added flexibility. We invite you to let us customize an LTL proposal for your shipping needs.